Friday, February 10, 2017

Personal Branding





As many might already know, I am someone who has a never-ending source of energy inside me that is portrayed wherever I go. This has become something others know me for. Despite having few hours of sleep, I would still be as energetic as ever, going around interacting with everyone around me. As much as possible, I try my best to spread the positive energy to people of my surroundings.

I enjoy initiating small talks with friends and this has definitely helped me with my communication skills when I head out to work. Interacting and communicating with guests are highly essential in the hospitality industry especially since it emphasizes so much on personalized service.

At a young age of nine, I was exposed to playing netball with my teammates on a regular basis which trained me to work well in teams. I would describe myself as someone who is collaborative, someone who is able to listen well and someone who is able to compromize. Friction among team members was never favourable and I believe strongly that when everyone makes the effort to work well together, the team will achieve better results. Everyone plays an essential role, no matter how big or small and I believe that if the right environment is set, everyone will be able to strengthen and maintain strong relationships that we share with one another. In my opinion,  supportive behaviours would be deemed more appropriate for teams where everyone comes together to solve the problems faced.

As a persistent and self-motivated individual, I am always determined to complete tasks assigned to me well. Standing by my principle that "Nothing is Impossible", I will always complete things with the best of efforts. Even if results do not show, I would still be contented since I have already done the best that I could.

Learning never stops and nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes and that is when we pick ourselves up to come back stronger. These traits and skills which I have acquired will be of great help when I continue pursuing my passion. However, as I continue embarking on this journey, I am sure that I will be equipped with more skills for future development and growth.


2 comments:

  1. Dear Charmaine,

    Thank you sharing with us on more of yourself. I thoroughly enjoyed myself reading your personal branding post and most notably on how you always portrayed yourself in a lighthearted, approachable manner.

    I am very sure people enjoy hanging out with you and when they do, be it casually or work interaction, your exuberant personality will always carry you far to be a catalyst of change in your environment.

    Having a positive mindset and being aware of the importance of communication is defintely crucial in the hospitality industry. Being a netball team captain, I believed you had learnt so much during your time leading your team through various day to day training regime, dealing with process of different victories and heartbreaks. In addition, I like how you always see yourself as someone who is collaborative and able to compromise on unique matters arising.

    Nonetheless, in the midst of challenges at work, I would like to strongly encourage you to exhibit your leadership skills that you have honed to voice out constructive concerns and lead your team in the right path. Sometimes, being a leader, you will have to take unconventional approach that not many will be cooperative.

    I really like how you end it off with "Learning never stops and nobody is perfect." It is the quintessential for growth and I am sure you are heading in the right direction. Looking forward to learn more from you in the weeks to come.

    Blessings,
    Joshua


    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Joshua,

    Thank you so much for taking your time to read and comment on this blog post. Your extensive and encouraging reply has definitely given me a motivational boost! Likewise, I do hope that you yourself can portray these skills and examples where ever you go! I am confident that you will be a great asset to any company with your positive attitude. Keep it up!

    Regards,
    Charmaine

    ReplyDelete